Sunday 25 April 2010

Running Log: Sunday, April 25 2010

Balfron 10k Road Race

10k race in 33:04, average pace 5:19/mile
2 miles warm-up, 1 mile cool-down

Week Total: 37.9 miles
Month Total: 165.7 miles
Year Total: 590.1 miles

Notes: mild, overcast, light breeze; very hilly course, so dead chuffed with the time, which was good enough for 1st place overall, breaking Alastair Mo's course record and setting a personal best time (one second faster than my time from Dumbarton '08!); victory was only secured in the final 75 meters of the race; I had actually resigned myself to 2nd place coming up the final hill, but as I suddenly found myself closing down on the leader, I thought, "Oh!" and then kicked; a great race with scenic background and fantastic organization (complete with race t-shirt, bagpiper, good music, enthusiastic crowds, nice dessert and tea table!); my mate Gavin ended up with the top vets prize and clubmate Kirsty Husband was top female overall - Garscube Harriers, represent.

No comments: