Sunday 5 October 2008

DNS

16 weeks base phase + 8 weeks speed phase + 10 weeks stamina phase + 2 week taper = DNS.

Did Not Start: sinus infection hit me on Friday; hoped it might be better by Sunday morning; but, no. The subtitle to my blog (taken from William Blake's "Europe: a Prophecy") turned out to be prophetic indeed, eerily so: "the nostrils golden gates shut" ... did they ever!

Inverness was beautiful though - the weather, river, loch, hills, streets, buildings, old-growth trees, landscaping... everything was pristine and glorious, even through the haze of a head-crushing congestion.











4 comments:

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

So sorry Ben. I am sure all the training will not be in vain though! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Marco Consani said...

Hey Ben,
So sorry to hear that you didn't feel well. The whole way around the 10k I was wondering how you were getting on and then when I saw you spectating it felt like someone had punched me in the guts. I felt so bad for you. You have had a tremendous year of racing and PB's so the training has not been in vain.
Hope you feel better soon Ben.

Speak to you soon.

Marco

Stephen Mulrine said...

What a shame! No marathon, and (I assume) no Monster sighting. The club record will have to remain unbroken for a bit longer. If you don't want your marathon tapering to be in vain, there are marathons this weekend in Eindhoven, Poznan, Graz, Munich and even Wernigerode!

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Go for it Ben!

I have Tagged you. See my blog for what to do.
R